Monday 8 August 2011

A Whooole Week Down

Hey everyone,

After last entry... We did the best bike tour in the world around Chicago, along the beach front and around the town. Our tour guide was great, he looked like someone from Napoleon Dynamite (dont worry - we have photos!) and encouraged us to ring our bells and make noise everywhere so people knew we were coming and heading through junctions together. It was a Perfect way to see the city and into the evening. People waved and took pictures of us! The park was more busy and normal as Muse and Coldplay were playing at either end of the park and we could hear it and sing along. the next day was Eminem, Celo Green and Foos. I don't know how I've never head of this festival before!
Afterwards a few of us grabbed a drink then headed back to our lovely hostels, Luxury after campsites!
I spent most of the next day with a girl called Anna whos from portsmouth! We went up Willis Tower and out into the glass boxes, saw the 'Bean', Macy's, Bloomingdales, Tiffinys then headed out to Navy Pier but didn't make it and just layed on the grass watching the segway tours go about.
That night we all went out to dinner together at a restaurant where Al capone ate then headed to the top floor of the Hancock Tower to see Chicago by night and have a lovely cocktail.
Afterwards when we headed home one girl, SJ, said she was leaving in the morning. We were all pretty shocked but she has already sdone one tour and has things to sort out at home so sadly were a trekker down. But upside, I've somehow managed to get the spare seat row in the bus the last two days. I hope she gets home safely.
Yesterday was a 10 hour drive so we left Chicago early. Drive drive drive and then.... The Spam Museum. I kid you not. We were in hysterics as we watched 'Spam - A Love Story'. Apparently theres not a whole lot between Chicgo and South Dakota... So today was the Corn Palace!! And I tried a corn dog, not awful but pretty greasy. Last nights camp involved showers 10 mintues away to two long drops which weren't nice but better than a bush. While we ate dinner we saw fireflies all around :) but I quickly went to bed as we saw a storm in the distance! fortunately it didn't hit us. Today we drove, saw corn, and did a small hike at Bad Lands National Park where were camped tonight. It was beautiful, and so was the scary horned sheep that got in our way and stared  at us for 20mins... Really really warm after that so tonight at our KOA (Kamps of America) we had an icecream, hit the pool! played some frizbee and I've just eaten an Amazing koren meal of a type of omlette and noodles, cooked by oou trekker Han. Tomorrow we move on again to see Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Monument :)

I can also recite all 50 states now!! It's what you do with time on the bus.

And to all you Hopers, I'm listing to some Timothy sermons and I'm Hyped about our September start - lets blow Ferndown apart!

Missing you all and  dwelling to much on home as I travel now my heads cleared but I'm sleeping better so at least I'm rational!

Love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you havent heard of that festival!!!

    glad your having fun
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete