Friday 5 August 2011

Big Changes and Adventures

Hey everyone!
So.. since last time I met Kate and Amy in NYC Monday morning and we spent the day seeing all the sights on the downtown bus tour and go the Staten island ferry to see the statue of Lib.etc. The girls were really really lovely and we had a great day followed by another wandering around central park and going in the zoo!! Tuesday afternoon we had to pack up and had back to New Jersey to start the Treks the next morning. Trying to travel with a bag that big on is pretty funny especially people can be so inconsiderate and push past you, thus spinning you round in the wrong direction!
But anywho, I arrived sweaty and scruffy at the Hilton, had a lush bath and dinner then biiiig sleep in my king size bed. the following morning was when I got a shock to find I was in fact booked onto the Northern Trail first so not in Amy and Kates group and heading in the opposite direction to what I had planned! So if you read the list I posted before go top bottom to top instead. Said a quikc goodbye to the girls and we parted ways.
7.30 Wednesday morning I met with my trek group and leader, filled out some forms and got in bus together. There's 13 of us and our leader Dan who's really friendly and willing to help. It's 10 girls 3 boys, everyones getting on well so far! and I'm sharing my tent with a christian girl on the tour :) The bus is surprisingly new and comfy and I can't believe all out stuff fits in the trailer.
Day one we headed out from 9-5 and stayed at a campsite 15 mins drive from Niagra Falls. We popped round for a night viewing after dinner then came back and crashed. Next morning it was up and 6, tents down, breakfast and first Maid of the Mist Cruise around the falls by 9am. The falls were amazing, with very sexy ponchos! Mine flew up over my head at one point. The falls cross over the boarder between USA and Canada so after the cruise a few of us walked across the bridge and I sat in Canada for a hour, phoned home and took a few more photos.
Then it was back on the road and lunch in the bus. We reached Sandusky, Ohio about 6pm and Dan dropped us at Ceder Point theme park for the evening. We crammed in as much as possible in the time and the rides were awesome! Forget Alton Towers. And I felt like I was going to come off the rails on the classic wooden coaster. The last and most insane ride was 120mph the shot up 410ft high. Almost lost my glasses!
We crashed out when we got back to the campsite and same routine again this morning. I'm now 6 hours behind the UK as we arrived in Chicago about an hour ago. We're at a Hotel international for two nights now and it's packed out for the Lollapaloza festival which takes up pretty much all of the cities parks.
In half an hour were meeting for pizza then a 3 hour bike tour around the city that will hopefully help me decide what to see more of on our free day tomorrow - no travelling!
I can't remember right now where we're headed after that but you can look into it.

I'm doing Alot better than my first day and everything is exciting! Sleep isn't coming so easy but the more I do in the day the easier it will be to sleep. Still pretty hot which is nice and Amy, my feet are doing better!!

Guess I better leave it there for now. Missing you all, especially my Jimmy - wish you could see all this.

Love xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment