Monday 4 July 2011

This time next month

With only two weeks left at work then two weeks of packing and seeing folk the days are counting down fast! Plus the fact everyone keeps asking me how long which makes me think about it more... This time next month I will have been in New York a whooole day.
I'm quietly confidant that I've got everything ready - I just need to make it fit into my bag. Here's a photo of what I have to live with for 6 weeks. It's not that long really. The problem is just that I'm a girl and we tend to try and pack for every situation we may encounter, even if it's not that realistic. Hence, I just spent twenty minutes explaining to my mum why I absolutely need every item I'm taking. Thankfully she agreed with most of it. And reminded me of a couple more practical items I'd bypassed.


Below is the photo of my whole tour, starting in the East in New York then travelling South. Most days we'll be travelling for about 4 or 5 hours so at least there's more time to catch up on sleep if we've had a late night. I'm really not sure how often I'll be able to update while I'm in the US but I'll aim for once a week. If you have my number feel free to drop me a line as I'm using it as my camera, just don't be offended if I don't reply - money and that...

I've heard tons of tips on travelling and back packing etc so why not throw some more my way if you have any.

Over the next few weeks I really need to start planning for New Zealand. Aside from the actual trip there's still flights and hostels to sort out...

Just a few weeks left to go.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment