Friday 13 June 2014

"Responsibly Unemployed"

Josie here! Here's your song for the day while you read... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke53KNV2scI 

Yesterday was my last day at work... YAY! I'm free until the beginning of September!

We fly out to the USA in just under to weeks. In which time I will be doing the following:

  • Packing, un-packing & re-packing
  • Sleeping - a lot.
  • Attending my sisters four day hen party (having left meals at home for Mr Hill so he doesn't live off noodles...)
  • Writing a new chapter of my novel whenever I get the chance.
  • Finish watching Friends series 10
  • Catching up with friends and family to say goodbye
  • Cooing over a close friends baby as much as possible because she will change so much while we're gone and I can't bare to think about it much... She's so ruddy cute.   

Yesterday when I got home it was such a relief to know I can focus on the trip and the upcoming move now, plus have some time to myself. As a treat and to make the most of the beautiful English sunshine I grabbed some strawberries and chocolate spread and devoured them while sitting in the garden. It doesn't sound as sophisticated as strawberries and cream but it's still a dream to eat!
And then today after a lush lie in and sending Jimmy off to work I got to work on packing everything up into separate suitcases and backpacks for America and then the move. So if you see us over the next two weeks, sorry if we look a little scruffy or are wearing the same things twice, most of our belongings are packed away! The last thing I want to be doing right before we leave is washing and trying clothes to take with us...

Another winner for today is that I found out a favourite musician of ours is playing a gig in Texas while we're there!  So I wasted no time in buying some tickets to see Levi Weaver live!
Still need to look out for any Noah Gunderson gigs though, I can dream.

 Any who, 13 days til fly time! Jimmy has also informed me there are 4 World Cup matches on the day we fly so we need to push everything back a day... Not likely. 

Lots of love

J&J





No comments:

Post a Comment